Thursday, December 20, 2012

Pine Cone Mice

As I've no doubt mentioned before, Daniel and Mercedes have decided they are mice.  So when my friend Julie posted on her blog about making pine cone fairies with her girls, I immediately decided to try to change the craft a bit to make little mice instead.  You can find the instructions for making pine cone fairies here on the Willodel blog.  Here's how ours turned out:


I don't have wool for the arms and hair, so we dispensed with hair, and I wrapped a bit of fuzzy yarn around each arm to give them 'fur.'  I also gave them tails of the yarn.


I sewed up the caps this morning, made from bits of leftover felt.  Their little ears are also cut from felt and sewn on.  The hats are supposed to look like elf hats, but they got kind of tall... oh well, they're still cute.  I also glued the arms and heads on ahead of time so they could do the more fun parts of drawing faces and gluing on the hats, hands, and tails.  I love how they turned out, and I'm hoping they'll survive until Christmas to decorate our table :-)

Daniel's
Mercedes'
Abigail's (which I decorated for her)

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I agree! This is the first time Mercedes has drawn a face, and she made recognizable eyes and mouth -- I'm so proud of her! She also added cheeks, which was her own idea :-D

      Delete

What's on your mind? Whatever it is, please remember that this is a family-oriented blog and choose your words accordingly. I tend to respond to almost every comment, so check the little box to have follow-up comments mailed to you if you want to be sure you don't miss the rest of the conversation.