Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Cinnamon Crescent Rolls

We had these on Christmas Eve morning, and ohhhh are they tasty!  I meant to post the recipe this past week, but... never had time.  Sigh.  I've gotten more done today than I did all last week, which is just silly, but oh well.


The recipe is from here, but I've modified it a bit -- they added a glaze, but we all agreed they were better without the glaze.  It made them too sweet, but without it, they were all yummy cinnamonness.

Cinnamon Crescent Rolls

Ingredients:

2 cans of refrigerated crescent rolls
1 stick of butter -- softened
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350.  Combine everything but the rolls in a small bowl and beat until smooth.  Separate the dough into triangles like you would for making crescent rolls.  Spread a fairly thick layer of the cinnamon mixture on each triangle -- about 3 Tbsp per roll.  Roll them up like you would to make crescent rolls (starting at the widest end).  Place on an ungreased baking sheet and bake 10-15 minutes or until golden.

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Yes! They were exceedingly yummy and easy! Remind me when I have to serve for Book Club next time! It will be several months, since I just did it, so I may forget...

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Whatever it is, please remember that this is a family-oriented blog and choose your words accordingly. I tend to respond to almost every comment, so check the little box to have follow-up comments mailed to you if you want to be sure you don't miss the rest of the conversation.