Sunday, October 28, 2012

Battening Down the Hatches

Hurricane Sandy is supposed to hit our area tomorrow.  So yesterday and today, we got things cleaned up outside so if we do get high winds, we won't have big plant pots coming through the glass doors at us.  I'd been meaning to uproot and dispose of the remaining plants in my container garden for a while anyway, as they were mostly done for.  But wouldn't you know it, we had lots of warm weather last week and the snapdragons flowered again.  I didn't want to waste those last blooms, so I just cut them off and put them in a little bud vase to bring inside.  That way I didn't feel so bad about uprooting the plants.  Aren't they pretty?


I especially like these pink-and-yellow blossoms:


And this beautiful pot is from the Etsy shop The Ring and the Lion.  In the Elvish "Tengwar" script, it says "For the love of things that grow."  Here's a little glimpse of the beautiful hand-lettering:


I'm praying the hurricane does little damage and causes no more chaos than just my hubby getting to stay home from work tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind? Whatever it is, please remember that this is a family-oriented blog and choose your words accordingly. I tend to respond to almost every comment, so check the little box to have follow-up comments mailed to you if you want to be sure you don't miss the rest of the conversation.